In the early hours of July 23rd 2017, Ace broadcaster and custodian of the Yoruba culture, Adebayo Faleti passed to the great beyond.
However, we have compiled 15 facts about Adebayo Mosobalaje Ajibade Akande Faleti (OON, D.LITT, FNAL, JP, JP)- 1921-2017.
What else could a man have wished for in life or achieved?
1. Translator of Nigerian national anthem from English to Yoruba
2. Translator of President Babangida’s speeches to Yoruba
3. Translator of Chief Earnest Shonekan’s speeches to Yoruba
4. Translator of Governor Bola Ige’s speeches to Yoruba
5. Former General Manager, BCOS
6. Former Oyo State Director, MAMSER
7. Former Senior Research Fellow, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife
8. He has more than 10 authored books to his credit.
9. Author of more than 100 journals and papers
10. Columnist of Nigerian Tribune
11. Former chairman, Oyo State Council for Arts and Culture
12. Honorary Dr. of Letters: (D.Litt) of Ladoke Akintola University
13. Officer of the Order of the Niger
14. Fellow, National of Academy of Letters
15. A great hunter and many more.
Indeed, an illustrious son and a prince of Oyo empire has gone.
A great Nigerian has passed away
Adebayo Faleti lives on!
Author: Idris Olakunle,08024701285, Emiraltyafrica@gmail.com
Editor: Ayo Adams,08147091733 (Mrweezy15@gmail.com)